Spray Foam Insulation Kits FAQs
How to Buy FAQs
- The 17 Free Extras includes a hooded coverall, goggles, gloves, booties, 10 fan spray tips, & 3 nozzles. You’ll also receive a coupon for your next order over $250.
- See our Project Estimator page. Use the square footage of the surfaces you’re going to spray, not the square footage of your house.
- It depends on which kits you need, how many, and where they are going. You can put together an order in the cart to see exactly what it will cost, or you can call us toll-free at 1-800-516-0949.
How To Use FAQs
- The Foam it 12 patch kits need to be used the same day. The bigger kits include full shutdown and reuse instructions. It is best to use a FIG 202/602 within a month after opening.
- Foam It Green is a Class III Vapor Retarder. Whether a Class III Vapor Retarder is classified as a Vapor Barrier in your area is determined by your local building code, based on climate zones. If your building code allows a Class III Vapor Retarder to be a Vapor Barrier, then, in your case, Foam It Green is a Vapor Barrier.
- 65-85 degrees Fahrenheit, 75 degrees is the ideal temperature for the surface you plan to spray.
The tanks also need to be between 65-85 degrees Fahrenheit for maximum performance. There is a temperature gauge on the B-tank that will show you when the tanks are in range.
Product Info FAQs
- Our standard Fire-Retardant Formula is R-7 per inch.
- Unopened, the shelf-life is 13 months. Once opened, use the patch kits the same day. The bigger kits include full shutdown and reuse instructions. It’s best to use a FIG 202/602 within a month after opening.
- A lifetime. It is truly a set-and-forget insulation. Because it won’t hold moisture, and is ASTM G21 mold resistant, and it doesn’t sag or settle, it won’t need to be replaced. It’ll stay until it is physically removed.
- Closed cell foam has significant advantages. Closed cell spray foam has approximately double the R-value in 1 inch of open celled foams. Closed Cell resists water and seals out air in just 1 inch. Just sealing out air leaks alone can lead to a dramatic savings in energy costs according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
Open cell foams hold water which can quickly lead to mold problems. Therefore, only use open cell in internal walls.
- Foam It Green is 100% Free of CFCs, Penta-BDEs, VOCs, and Urea Formaldehyde. It is fire retardant and mold resistant. It meets or exceeds building code requirements.
- There is no off gassing from cured foam. It is an inert solid. Everyone can re-enter the room one hour after spraying is complete.
- Foam It Green is not fire proof, but it is Class I fire retardant insulation.
“Class 1” foam means that the foam has been tested by Underwriter’s Laboratories (UL) for flame spread and smoke development, according to the ASTM E-84 tunnel test for surface burning characteristics.
- When you use Foam It Green, you are using the product with the best success rate and the best gun in the business. You get 24/7 support, which means you have total scheduling freedom. And you get the no worry warranty that helps ensure you get a working kit.