Class 1 Dual Purpose Open Cell Spray Foam Insulation
The world’s only open cell spray foam insulation with:
- Class 1 E84 Fire Retardant included.
- Blue and Yellow make Green foam for peace of mind of proper mixing even in a blind cavity fill.
- ASTM G21 Anti Microbial Formula.
Useful for Spraying internal walls for sound deadening or for Filling Walls with fiberglass
Spray foam insulation that’s fast and easy to use.
- Approximately 1202 Board Feet (600 Square feet at 2 inch thickness) of spray foam insulation. Usage of this product recommends applying for 2 inches cured from one free-rise pass to achieve maximum yield. It is recommended to buffer 20% for the project.
- R-Value of 3.6 in 1 inch – 8% Closed Cell Foam.
- Use for Sound Deadening or Other Applications where Moisture is not an issue.
- Open cell foam can absorb water.
- Light Green Indicator Foam Helps Keep You From Wasting Chemicals.
- Class I E-84 Fire-Retardant – meets building code spec.
- Helps Prevent mold from making your home less healthy.
- Helps Stop Mold before costly remediations.
- Not for remediating existing mold.
- Expanding sealant creates a tight building envelope.
- Ships Same or Next Business Day
- Shelf Life: 13 Months unopened, 1 Month Once Opened.
- Includes a pair of isocyanate resistant gloves, 15′ hose assembly w/gun, 10 nozzles and 3 fan spray tips- everything you need to complete your insulating project.
- Get the most control with the best gun in the business.
- Each 1202 includes a garden hose style gun and a 15′ hose. If you can water your lawn, you can seal and insulate your home.
- Includes 24/7 Product Support so You Get the Results You’re Really After.
- 17 Accessories Free! Includes Nozzles, Fan Spray Tips, a Tyvek Suit, Goggles and Gloves. All You’ll Need to Foam Your Home.
- Steel canisters pressurized with nitrogen for foam delivery. No outside source of pressure or power is required.
- Complete detailed instructions make it quick and easy to foam like a pro.
- A Fit-Tested Respirator Mask with Organic Vapor Filters and a Prefilter for
- Particulates is Required when Applying Spray Foam Insulation.
- 100% Made in the USA
- Ships Same or Next Day
- 2×60 lb boxes (considered hazmat due to pressurized nitrogen).
How To Use Open Cell Foam
Customer Top Questions & Answers
What is the R-value of Open Cell Foam It Green?
R-3.6 at 1 inch.
What is open cell used for?
The most popular open cell projects are internal wall sound deadening (if not a bathroom or kitchen), or spraying on the ceiling of a basement in a conversion to a home theater. Closed cell foam should be used for any exterior walls or basement walls, rim joists, etc.
I need 1200 board feet of closed cell foam but I’d need to buy 2 kits instead of just 1 if I buy the Open Cell 1202- can I just use this instead?
If your project calls for closed cell, stick with closed cell. Get the Energy Efficient Home kit which includes shipping in the price of the 2 kit pack.
Any tips for spraying open cell?
Open cell is less forgiving that closed cell foam. Don’t use the fan tips right away – get a feel first for laying down about 1/2 inch of wet foam with the regular mixing nozzle. This will cure up to about 2 inches thick. Going for 2 inches in one pass with open cell gives you the best yield.
Can I spray this overhead?
Open cell is less forgiving than closed cell, so it’s important to follow these steps if spraying any foam, but especially open cell overhead. First, cover anything you do not want foam on. Then, get closer to the surface than for normal spraying, spray 1/2 inch of wet foam, which should rise up to about 2 inches. Balance the pull of the trigger to avoid overspray from blasting it on, and never use the fan spray tips.
Why is this called Dual Purpose?
Our closed cell foams are either fast rising (30 second setup) or slow rising (2 minute setup), but the rise starts right away as you spray it on. Open cell sprays on as wet foam but only starts to rise after about 45 seconds, and then sets shy of the 2 minute mark. This allows you to use the dual purpose open cell as a slow rise product for filling blind cavities or as a fast rise foam for an open vertical wall.
How much is shipping?
It depends on which kits you need, how many, and where they are going. You can sign in and put together an order to see exactly what it will cost, or you can call us toll-free at 1-800-516-0949.