Foam it Green Energy Efficient Home Kit
Installing Foam it Green is easy! Download our simple PDF guide >>
The world’s only closed cell spray foam insulation with:
- Class 1 E84 Fire Retardant included.
- Blue and Yellow make Green foam for peace of mind of proper mixing even in a blind cavity fill.
- ASTM G21 Anti Microbial Formula.
- Approximately 1200 Board Feet (1200 Square feet at 1 inch thickness) of closed cell spray foam insulation.
- R-Value of 7 in Just 1 inch – 97% Closed Cell Foam. The best wall, basement or attic insulation.
- Class I E-84 Fire-Retardant – meets building code spec.
- Expanding sealant creates Class 3 vapor retarder, controls air flow, and creates a tight building envelope.
- Shelf Life: 13 Months unopened, 1 Month Once Opened.
- Two 602 kits (discounted shipping included)
- Includes 2 pair of isocyanate resistant gloves, (2) 15′ hose assembly w/gun, 20 nozzles and 6 fan spray tips- everything you need to complete your insulating project.
- Comes with Easy to Read Instructions.
- Includes 24/7 Product Support so You Get the Results You’re Really After.
- 17 Accessories Free! Includes Nozzles, Fan Spray Tips, a Tyvek Suit, Goggles and Gloves. All You’ll Need to Foam Your Home.
- Steel canisters pressurized with nitrogen for foam delivery. No outside source of pressure or power is required.
- Spray foam insulation that’s convenient and easy to use.
- Get the most control with the best gun in the business.
- Complete detailed instructions make it quick and easy to foam like a pro.
- 100% Free of CFCs, VOCs, Penta-BDEs, & Urea Formaldehyde
- 100% Made in the USA
- Ships Same or Next Business Day
- ASTM E-84 Fire Retardant
- Mold and Pest Resistant
- Stops drafts, deadens noise
- As easy to use as spraying a garden hose
- Stop and start again, re-use with proper prep
Customer Top 10 Questions & Answers
What is the R-value?
Foam It Green closed cell spray foam insulation is R-7 per inch. That is double the R-value per inch of fiberglass batt.
Is this a vapor barrier?
Foam it Green is a Class III vapor retarder. Your local code will determine which Class vapor retarder you need. If your code requires a Class II or better, then hang kraft paper (comes in rolls at home stores) after you have sprayed the foam.
Is this fireproof? Is this a thermal/fire barrier?
Building code for living space requires a 15 minute fire barrier. Foam It Green is an ASTM E84 Class I fire retardant insulation, which means it still needs sheetrock or fire-barrier paint if used in living spaces.
What temperature should the foam and surface be when I spray?
Both of the components and the substrate you are spraying to should be between 65 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit for best foam creation and adhesion. Foam It Green 602s come with a temperature gauge on the B tank. If you are spraying in cold weather, artificially heat the surface and tanks. If you are spraying in hot weather, spray in the morning.
Can I spray this on wood? Metal? HVAC? Foam board? Plastic?
Foam it Green will bond to a broom-clean, dry wood, foamboard, metal, and most plastics. The foam may stick to oily surfaces or slippery plastics like visqueen (6ml poly sheeting), but may not bond completely. When spraying to HVAC, it will bond to the surface, but remember not to spray anything that needs to breathe (ie, Plenum).
Can I spray over wiring?
If you have not yet been inspected for your wiring, spraying foam over it will make it hard for the inspector. If you are spraying before the inspector comes, tack the wiring out of the way. Foam it Green creates heat to cure, but it will not melt the coating on romex wiring. Do not put any form of insulation against bare wires like knob & tube wiring of 19th century homes or in junction boxes.
Can I spray overhead?
Foam it Green will stick to surfaces if you spray overhead. Good tips for this type of project are to put dropcloths over anything you don’t want foam to get on, get closer to the surface, balance the pull of the spray trigger to avoid overspray/snow, and do not use the fan spray tip on the end of the nozzle. Only use the cone nozzle when spraying overhead.
Do I need anything else to operate this kit, like an air compressor?
These kits contain everything you need to spray the foam. The pressurized nitrogen makes the foam come out of the tanks, so you don’t need an external power source. This makes Foam it Green kits portable and disposable.
Do I have to use the whole kit on the same day I open it?
Foam it Green 602 kits are designed to be used within 30 days of being opened. If you do not complete your project the day you first use the kit, simply follow the shut down for reuse instruction on page 8 of the instruction manual. Failure to follow these instructions can stop your kit from operating correctly the next time you go to use it, which may lead to the purchase of replacement parts.
How much is shipping?
The Energy Efficient Home kit ships on a pallet with a common carrier. Shipping is included.
What color is the foam?
Foam it Green is the only spray foam kit that dyes the B component blue so when it mixes with the yellow A component, it makes a light green foam. This helps you know you’re mixing the foam on ratio so it will cure properly which saves you time and money! The light green is easy to paint if you want a different color.
Can I return the tanks for refill?
At this time, the Department of Transportation does not allow the refilling these tanks for resale. Please follow the disposal instructions on page 11 of the instruction manual.