Projects – How to Quickly and Easily Insulate a Crawlspace
Last year, I paid a professional spray foam company $9,000 to spray parts of my home. This year, I sprayed two 602 AM kits on the ceiling and rim joists of the crawl space. It was a piece of cake and a big success! – Eileen F., NJ
How to Insulate Your Crawlspace Use Closed Cell Foam it Green for Insulating a Crawlspace
How to Insulate Your Crawlspace
Insulating crawlspace with Foam it Green is quick and easy to do. Plus the benefits range from much lower utility bills to reduced sound transfer.
By using closed cell Foam it Green, you create a seamless air barrier and high r-value that will keep your home much warmer than before in the winter and much cooler in the summer.
The rigid foam creates a pest barrier that helps keep insects and rodents out. And because it never sags or settles, once it’s in place, it’s done, unlike fiberglass. Plus, you’re much less likely to have mold issues with the anti-microbial formula.
How to Quickly and Easily Insulate a Crawlspace:
1) Follow all of the instructions in the included instruction manual regarding proper Foam it Green setup, project area preparation, and substrate readiness. Make sure that you have all of the tools required for the job. (see Tools)
2) Make sure subfloor surface is dry, broom clean, and in the correct temperature range.
1) Apply closed cell foam to achieve 1” cured layers to desired thickness, sprayed directly to the subfloor bays, making sure the foam is applied to the joints connecting the joists to the substrate. (Fig. 1A-B)
2) Continue adding layers to desired thickness, sprayed directly to the rim joist bay, connecting any seams at the sill plate up to the subfloor. (Fig. 1B-D)
1) If installing polyethylene sheeting on the floor of the crawlspace, only run the sheet up the foundation wall a few inches. Use the closed cell spray foam to adhere the lip of the sheet to the wall, by spraying over it. (Fig. 2A)
2) Apply closed cell foam to achieve 1” cured layers, sprayed directly to the foundation walls. (Fig. 2B-D)
3) Apply closed cell foam to achieve 1” cured layers to desired thickness, between floor joists above the foundation wall, all the way up to the subfloor above.
Call 1-800-516-0949 for help in purchasing your kits.
Additional Closed Cell Kit Details:
The Easy to Use Spray Foam Kit
- Spray foam insulation that’s convenient and easy to use.
- R-Value of 7 in 1 inch – 97% Closed Cell Foam. The best wall, basement or attic insulation.
- Class I E-84 Fire-Retardant – meets building code spec.
- 100% Free of CFCs, VOCs, Penta-BDEs, & Urea Formaldehyde
If you’d like to start saving money and time today, buy Foam it Green Spray Foam Insulation>> now or call us at 800-516-0949. In 60 seconds you’ll be on your way to paying lots less when you use Foam it Green.