Projects – How to Insulate 2×4 Walls with Foam it Green
Easy to use, adheres easy, cleanup easy. took no time at all to do 5 walls and presto done. It stopped the dampness in the downstairs area which has 2 walls below ground level. got rid of the musty odor and looks great. – Frank S., NJ | Read More >>
How to Insulate 2x4 Walls Use Closed Cell Foam it Green for 2×4 Walls
How to Insulate 2x4 Walls
Insulating a wall with Foam it Green is one of the most common projects. It’s quick and easy to do. Plus the benefits range from much lower utility bills to reduced sound transfer.
By using closed cell Foam it Green, you create a seamless air barrier and high r-value that will keep your home much warmer than before in the winter and much cooler in the summer.
The rigid foam creates a pest barrier that helps keep insects and rodents out. And because it never sags or settles, once it’s in place, it’s done, unlike fiberglass. Plus, you’re much less likely to have mold issues with the anti-microbial formula.
How to Insulate 2×4 Walls Quickly & Easily:
1) Follow all of the instructions in the included instruction manual regarding proper Foam it Green setup, project area preparation, and substrate readiness. Make sure that you have all of the tools required for the job (see Tools).
2) Apply closed cell Foam it Green to achieve a cured thickness of one inch, making sure the foam is applied to the joints connecting the studs to the substrate. (Fig. 1)
3) Spray additional layers of closed cell foam at cured thicknesses of one inch each to the desired final depth. (Fig. 2)
4) If the foam expands past the studs, trim flat with a serrated edge before enclosing the wall. (Fig. 3)
If the building is going to be heated during colder months, and will use a combination of insulation materials in the wall cavity (such as fiberglass, cellulose, rock wool, or open cell foam) it is recommended to apply a minimum thickness of 1.5” of a closed cell first. (A minimum thickness of 1” is recommended for climates in which no heat/furnace is used).
For most homes, it is recommended to apply a vapor barrier after installing insulation before the desired wall covering (drywall or paneling) goes up.
Call 1-800-516-0949 for help in purchasing your kits.
Additional Closed Cell Kit Details:
The Easy to Use Spray Foam Kit
- Spray foam insulation that’s convenient and easy to use.
- R-Value of 7 in 1 inch – 97% Closed Cell Foam. The best wall, basement or attic insulation.
- Class I E-84 Fire-Retardant – meets building code spec.
- 100% Free of CFCs, VOCs, Penta-BDEs, & Urea Formaldehyde
Spray foam kits are quicker and easier to use plus you get a seamless air barrier and high r-value in just 1 inch. Choose Foam It Green spray foam insulation kits and don’t settle for less than you deserve.
If you’d like to start saving money and time today, buy Foam it Green Spray Foam Insulation>> now or call us at 800-516-0949. In 60 seconds you’ll be on your way to paying lots less when you use Foam it Green.