Projects – How to Insulate Attic Rafters with Foam it Green
We insulated our entire cottage main floor and attic. We bought 7 kits and within 48 hours had our job done! It was much easier that we thought it would be and we saved over $1,000 on installation costs. – Mike & Holly B., PA
How to Insulate Your Attic Rafters Use Closed Cell Foam it Green for Attic Rafters
How to Insulate Your Attic Rafters
Attic Insulation is an extremely common project. It’s quick and easy to do. Plus the benefits range from much lower utility bills to reduced sound transfer.
By using closed cell Foam it Green, you create a seamless air barrier and high r-value that will keep your home much warmer than before in the winter and much cooler in the summer.
The rigid foam creates a pest barrier that helps keep insects and rodents out. And because it never sags or settles, once it’s in place, it’s done, unlike fiberglass. Plus, you’re much less likely to have mold issues with the anti-microbial formula.
How to Quickly and Easily Insulate an Attic Rafters: :
1) Follow all of the instructions in the included
instruction manual regarding proper Foam it Green setup, project area preparation, and substrate readiness. Make sure that you have all of the tools required for the job (see Tools).
2) Remove attic floor boards only if/as needed to locate and air seal the furring cavity at the exterior wall (the gap between the exterior wall plaster and the brick bearing wall).
3) Install rigid insulation transition piece from top of wall to underside of roof sheathing. (Fig. 1)
4) Apply closed cell foam to all seams of rigid boards used as transition piece including at connections to attic deck, roof deck, and adjacent rigid insulation pieces. (Fig. 2)
5) Install rigid insulation to cover ridge vent, applying closed cell foam to seal in place.
6) Apply closed cell foam to roof deck in 1” cured layers to desired thickness. (Fig. 3)
*Please note, roof vent baffles can be used behind rigid insulation pieces as well as under spray foam, run along the underside of the roof decking to the ridge vent, to allow for air movement from soffits to ridge. This creates an air gap under the roof decking. Spray foam can be applied directly to the roof vent baffles to desired thickness.
Call 1-800-516-0949 for help in purchasing your kits.
Additional Closed Cell Kit Details:
The Easy to Use Spray Foam Kit
- Spray foam insulation that’s convenient and easy to use.
- R-Value of 7 in 1 inch – 97% Closed Cell Foam. The best wall, basement or attic insulation.
- Class I E-84 Fire-Retardant – meets building code spec.
- 100% Free of CFCs, VOCs, Penta-BDEs, & Urea Formaldehyde
If you’d like to start saving money and time today, buy Foam it Green Spray Foam Insulation>> now or call us at 800-516-0949. In 60 seconds you’ll be on your way to paying lots less when you use Foam it Green.