Projects – How to Insulate Attic Rafters with Spray Foam
We insulated our entire cottage main floor and attic. We bought 7 kits and within 48 hours had our job done! It was much easier that we thought it would be and we saved over $1,000 on installation costs. – Mike & Holly B., PA
Spray Foaming Attic Rafters
People love sealing and insulating attics because it’s incredibly important to seal the top of your home. This project is quick and easy to do. In just a few hours you can transform your home to be much more comfortable and much more affordable.
The trick is very simple. You’re sealing OUTSIDE air out and keeping air you already heated or cooled INSIDE. That’s how you can save up to 40% on your energy bills.
It’s important you spray foam attic rafters only if you need to. If you’re using the attic for living space, then you need to insulate the rafters. If you’re not, do the attic floor.
Consumers are often told by spray foam contractors to do the rafters. That’s because it’s easier for the contractor to spray than clean up existing insulation, deal with any can lights or venting, etc. That leaves you paying to heat and cool a space you don’t even use. Plus, spraying the rafters also uses more spray foam – it’s a larger surface area.
If you do need to do your rafters, use closed cell Foam it Green. You get a seamless air barrier and high r-value even in just 1 inch. That air seal means you keep the air you heated or cooled INSIDE your home. And it keeps the cold or hot outside air OUTSIDE.
Don’t be duped into thinking other types of insulation will give you a tight air seal. Fiberglass won’t seal your rafters and won’t give you all the benefits you get with Foam it Green:
Installs in Just a Few Hours
Better Indoor Air Quality
Anti-Microbial formula resists mold and has passed the ASTM G-21 tests
Never sags nor settles – once it’s in place you’re done
If you have questions about your attic, give us a call at 1-800-516-0949. In just a few minutes you’ll have the information you need to make a smart purchasing decision for your home.
Use Closed Cell Foam it Green for Attic Rafters
How to Insulate Your Attic Rafters
How to Quickly and Easily Insulate an Attic Rafters: :
1) Follow all of the instructions in the included
instruction manual regarding proper Foam it Green setup, project area preparation, and substrate readiness. Make sure that you have all of the tools required for the job (see Tools).
2) Remove attic floor boards only if/as needed to locate and air seal the furring cavity at the exterior wall (the gap between the exterior wall plaster and the brick bearing wall).
3) Install rigid insulation transition piece from top of wall to underside of roof sheathing. (Fig. 1)
4) Apply closed cell foam to all seams of rigid boards used as transition piece including at connections to attic deck, roof deck, and adjacent rigid insulation pieces. (Fig. 2)
5) Install rigid insulation to cover ridge vent, applying closed cell foam to seal in place.
6) Apply closed cell foam to roof deck in 1” cured layers to desired thickness. (Fig. 3)
*Please note, roof vent baffles can be used behind rigid insulation pieces as well as under spray foam, run along the underside of the roof decking to the ridge vent, to allow for air movement from soffits to ridge. This creates an air gap under the roof decking. Spray foam can be applied directly to the roof vent baffles to desired thickness.
Call 1-800-516-0949 for help in purchasing your kits.
Additional Closed Cell Kit Details:
The Easy to Use Spray Foam Kit
- Spray foam insulation that’s convenient and easy to use.
- R-Value of 7 in 1 inch – 97% Closed Cell Foam. The best wall, basement or attic insulation.
- Class I E-84 Fire-Retardant – meets building code spec.
- 100% Free of CFCs, VOCs, Penta-BDEs, & Urea Formaldehyde
Spray foam kits are quicker and easier to use plus you get a seamless air barrier and high r-value in just 1 inch. Choose Foam It Green spray foam insulation kits and don’t settle for less than you deserve.
If you’d like to start saving money and time today, buy Foam it Green Spray Foam Insulation>> now or call us at 800-516-0949. In 60 seconds you’ll be on your way to paying lots less when you use Foam it Green.