Projects – How to Quickly and Easily Insulate Rim Joists
I had quotes to insulate rim joists in a rental house: $850! I ordered the FOAM IT GREEN and went to work! It took me less than an hour to do it myself! And here’s the kicker: I’m a 52 y/o female, 5’2! HA! $500 still in my bank account! – Karen B., Painesville, OH
Using Spray Foam for Insulating Rim Joists
Insulating rim joists with Foam it Green is quick and easy to do. When you use spray foam you create an air tight seal that can lower your utility bills, stop drafts, and improve your indoor air quality. And this project is EASY.
This quick project is usually done in just a few hours. The spraying itself is often less than an hour.
And because the rim joist is such a critical junction point between the home and the foundation, people often report massive savings from using a small amount of spray foam like a Foam it 202.
Plan on using 2 to 3 inches thickness of cured foam in order to get both the air seal and a high r-value.
Depending on how long your walls are, you may find you need more than a 202. Either way, pound for pound this is probably the lowest cost spray foam project with the most dramatic return for people. By using closed cell Foam it Green, the seamless air barrier and high r-value keeps your home much warmer in the winter and much cooler in the summer.
You also get a pest barrier to help keep insects and rodents out. And unlike fiberglass, Foam it Green never sags or settles, so once it’s in place, it’s done.
In a damp area like a rim joist, you absolutely want to use our closed cell formula. Plus, you’re much less likely to have mold issues because the anti-microbial formula has passed the very tough ASTM G-21 tests. Don’t be duped into using something else in such a vital area. Get your project done properly in record time and start enjoying the fruits of a simple job well done.
Want help figuring out your “linear feet” or how much you need? Call our friendly Chicago-based team at 1-800-516-0949 and you can be done with your rim joist in just a few days from now.
Use Closed Cell Foam it Green for Insulating Rim Joists
How To Quickly & Easily Insulate Rim Joists
How to Quickly and Easily Insulate Rim Joists:
1) Follow all of the instructions in the included instruction manual regarding proper Foam it Green setup, project area preparation, and substrate readiness. Make sure that you have all of the tools required for the job (see Tools).
2) Make sure joist bays are dry, broom clean, and in the correct temperature range.
3) Apply closed cell foam to achieve 1” cured layers to desired thickness, sprayed directly to the rim joist bay, connecting any seams at the sill plate up to the subfloor. (Fig. 1)
Call 1-800-516-0949 for help in purchasing your kits.
Additional Closed Cell Kit Details:
The Easy to Use Spray Foam Kit
- Spray foam insulation that’s convenient and easy to use.
- R-Value of 7 in 1 inch – 97% Closed Cell Foam. The best wall, basement or attic insulation.
- Class I E-84 Fire-Retardant – meets building code spec.
- 100% Free of CFCs, VOCs, Penta-BDEs, & Urea Formaldehyde
If you’d like to start saving money and time today, buy Foam it Green Spray Foam Insulation>> now or call us at 800-516-0949. In 60 seconds you’ll be on your way to paying lots less when you use Foam it Green.